Preachers & Friends

Welcome Preachers And Friends

Return to Website

Welcome To The Forum

This forum is designed to be a place where preachers and our friends can fellowship in a Christian atmosphere. Rules: 1. Use only the KJV Bible in your post. 2. Do not use any foul or Non-Christian language. 3. Use good manners and keep a Christian Attitude. 4. Have a good time.

Welcome To The Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Salvation

What must a person do to be saved?

Re: Salvation

One must believe that Jesus is the Christ. This faith is given to us as a gift of God.

I agree with ragal ,But can i do that and yet say Nothing,

Jesus told Nichodimus you must be born again.

Can I ask, did we ask for the first birth? NO. And can we ask for the second?

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Is a person saying anything when he calls upon the Lord?

Is this verse a must or an option?

I believe that a person has to at some point, call upon Jesus for salvation. There are no definite words one must say, but one does have to ask for forgiveness, and call upon Jesus to save them. That is what makes salvation a personal matter.

Bibleman 10 said, "I believe that a person has to at some point, call upon Jesus for salvation. There are no definite words one must say, but one does have to ask for forgiveness, and call upon Jesus to save them. That is what makes salvation a personal matter."

I was thinking that believing or faith, which is granted by God by His grace, brings salvation. After one is saved, then he confesses his sins and God promises to forgive.

I can't remember exactly how long, but after that Sunday Night when God saved me, I confessed something everyday for a week or more. This all came after I was quickened to realize my sins.

Yes, you have to have faith, and put your faith and trust in Christ to save you. When you reach the point that you know you are a sinner, and know that you deserve hell, and realize that Jesus is the only way, and with the conviction of the Holy Ghost, you call upon Jesus for salvation

(Rom 8:26 KJV) Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Here we see that we don't know how to pray, Or what to say.Does this mean even asking for forgivness, I say yes.

But our Spirit is brought to life, By the Spirit of God.And His Spirit that is now in us, causes our mouth to move, and ask for forgiveness.Forgiveness only comes from God, not by what you say.But by what your changed heart says to God.

It is what Christ prays to the Father.

So yes confession is made unto Salvation.