Preachers & Friends

Welcome Preachers And Friends

Return to Website

Welcome To The Forum

This forum is designed to be a place where preachers and our friends can fellowship in a Christian atmosphere. Rules: 1. Use only the KJV Bible in your post. 2. Do not use any foul or Non-Christian language. 3. Use good manners and keep a Christian Attitude. 4. Have a good time.

Welcome To The Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who separated me from my mother's womb........

Gal 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Does this term speak of Paul's call to salvation or His call to preach?

Re: Who separated me from my mother's womb........

But when it pleased God - Paul traced all his hopes of eternal life, and all the good influences which had ever borne upon his mind, to God.
Who separated me ... - That is, who destined me; or who purposed from my very birth that I should be a preacher and an apostle. The meaning is, that God had in his secret purposes set him apart to be an apostle. It does not mean that he had actually called him in his infancy to the work, for this was not so, but that he designed him to be an important instrument in his hands in spreading the true religion.

(Gal 1:15 KJV) But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

But when it pleased God, who seperated me from my mothers womb,
This here is a eternal calling.From before the foundation of the world, this was in the mind of God.You can say Papaw that this was not to Salvation, but if God called him to be an Apostle before he was born, then there would have to be Salvation before this could take place.God has always had an order of the ways He does things, and this would have had to of been before Being called to be an Apostle.

We can see how the commas come into play.First;But when it pleased God.This is the first of every thing that God does.When it pleses Him.Second;Who seperated me from my Mothers womb.This would have to be a calling.Third;And called me by His Grace.This is Salvation.

All things that God did for Paul, Was in His (GOD) mind before he was born.

We can well see that God's purpose is established long before we even know what is going on. His providences brings to pass his purpose.

I was looking at the context and it is dealing mostly about Paul's calling to preach. He is establishing his authority.

Ya but when did God call Paul to preach?