Preachers & Friends

Welcome Preachers And Friends

Return to Website

Welcome To The Forum

This forum is designed to be a place where preachers and our friends can fellowship in a Christian atmosphere. Rules: 1. Use only the KJV Bible in your post. 2. Do not use any foul or Non-Christian language. 3. Use good manners and keep a Christian Attitude. 4. Have a good time.

Welcome To The Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Give Honor To Whom Honor Is Due

If there was a preacher that you think deserves special honor, who would that person be and why do you think he deserves special honor?

(This discussion does not take away the honor due to our Lord. We are well aware that without the Lord we are nothing.)

Re: Give Honor To Whom Honor Is Due

Brother Doug I feel that way about you ,and any Pastor who is doing what's right .Rom 2:10 But glory, honor, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

1Ti 5:17 Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labor in the word and doctrine.

I was thinking about the preachers that I would honor and why I would honor them. There are so many that mean so much to me. To keep from hurting anyone feelings let me go by the alphabet:

A = Brother Stanley Adcock, the pastor of Victory Baptist Church in Hendersonville, NC. He is a Bible preacher and is noted in my life as a praying man.

B = Brother Randy Bryson, the pastor of the Open Door Baptist Church in Easley, SC. He is real friend and he is like a pastor to me that calls to show his love and concern. Brother Bryson is one of the godliest preachers I have ever known. I love this man of God.

C = Brother Harold Cooper, the pastor of the Old Pathway Baptist Church in Cleveland, TN. He has been a friend that has stuck closer than a brother through many trials in my life. He is like a daddy to me and reminds me so much of my daddy. He and my daddy went to church to shout, rejoice and worship God.

Brother Cooper's preaching is from the heart and is always food for my soul. I love to hear him preach. I love you, my friend.

D = Evangelist Eddie Davis, of Rockford, TN. Brother Davis is a Bible preacher that has a way of encouraging the saved and evangelizing the sinner and about he will exalt the Saviour. I honor Brother Eddie Davis.

E = Brother Chad Ellege, the associate pastor of the Old Pathway Baptist Church in Waynesville, NC. This young man has a vision of taking sinners to Calvary. He is a kind and caring young preacher with great potential to be a great Man of God.

F = Pastor Bobby Ferguson, the pastor of Symrna Baptist Church of Union, Ms. Brother Ferguson is one of the most gracious men I have ever know. His respect for the pulpit and Bible preaching has impressed me.

Bro.Jack Schaap is doing a fine job. I can't imagine the pressure of taking over the FBC of Hammond

I do think we are to give double honor to our pastors, and love them, and pray for them, with a fervent prayer, every day.
(1 Tim 5:17 KJV) Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

G = Pastor Russell Gillespie of the Happy Valley Baptist Church in Asheville, NC. Brother Gillespie is now 82 years old and still pastoring. I admire him for staying by the stuff.

H = Dr. Joe Haskett, the pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Monroe, NC. Brother Haskett is admired for his Bible preaching. He well knows how to put food on the table for the nourishment of the soul.

I = The Late George Ingle of Canton, NC. He organized the Center Pigeon Baptist Church of Canton, NC where my father served for 7 years before his departure home. Brother Ingle impressed me with his deep concern for lost souls.

1. I would say our Pastor Randy Bryson he is the best and he loves the Flock and tries to tell us the truth.

2. Preacher Tim Skelton who we learned alt from while we sat under him.

3. Preacher Phil Kidd who preached the night my wife was saved.

4. Preacher Larry Raynes who preached the night I was saved.

5. Preacher Doug McDaris who is a strong man and stands for God with so much Faith.

6. Preacher Alfred Willis is a great man and he loves the Lord.

1.I give honor unto my Lord first.Who saved me, and has kept me.
2.I give honor to my Pastor Harold Cooper.Who has taught me and showed me the ways of the Lord my whole life.
3.I give honor to A,C Cooper who taught my Pastor in the ways of the Lord.
4.I give honor to Doug Mcdaris who has been straight and honest with me.Even when he thaught it might upset me.Love you brother Doug.
5.I give honor to my Mama who loved me and nourished me.Even when I was not loveing or kind.