Return to Website

Miss Charming's Bar & Cocktail Forum

Welcome thirsty surfers! This forum is intended for cOol cats, hiP bartenders, tOtally rad surfer dudes, beer chuggin' bArflies, extraOrdinary servers, wacKy wannabe's, and all others interested in the marTini-drinking, shot-shoOting, jeTset, poP culture, fun-lOving, goOd-time, cocktail world. Jump right in. The water is fine.

Miss Charming's Bar & Cocktail Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a Resume' Example - With No Experience

I'm new to bartending. Went to bartending school. Now I'm ready to look for work. From reading your site, I know that I'm supposed to "jazz" up my resume'. I'm in need of an example. What would someone put who has no experience? How should it look? Does anyone have any resume' examples for someone with no experience?

Re: Looking for a Resume' Example - With No Experience

If you don't have experience then you don't need a resume.

Thanks for the reply. I have more questions. It was stated in a previous question on this forum not to put the bartending school on the application. My question is how do I get a job if I don't put it on there?

Since I have no experience, where do I look for work? Totally confused. If I don't have a resume, how will I be taken seriously?

Bartender is not normally a entry level position. You need to go work in the industry and pay your dues and move up.

All this is talked bout on this site. Just go to the Bartender Lounge and look for the FAQ's, hints, tips. Plus, my book, Miss Charming's Guide for Hip Bartenders and Wayout Wannabes gives you all the info too.