Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How Refreshing!

Hi Emily & All!

Where have I been that I missed this forum? The one of nola.com is getting out of control with the negativity. It's unfortunate, because so many people are being turned away because of it.

I'm so happy to find this message board! As Emily may or may not remember, I was in NO from last June-Oct. I returned to Los Angeles for personal reasons.

But I'm returning to NO in September and can't wait!!! I hope I can score a place in the Marigny/Bywater area, though I'm open to so many other areas too.

I hope to make a positive impact in my community by volunteering for various organizations. I already have a job waiting for me (the one I was with last year) and have some artistic plans as well.

I do understand that there are some problems w/ the city (crime, etc)...but I also realize that there are things that can be done to keep safe and maybe make an improvement. I hope that I am able to brighten a life or two while in New Orleans.

Re: How Refreshing!

Hi Denise!

I'm glad you found this forum too!!! Sorry I haven't been active on it (or the nola.com one for that matter), but I've been leading a VERY busy life lately and my computer "fun" time has basically disappeared.

Feel free to write me at EmilyInNewOrleans@yahoo.com should you wish to discuss moving to New Orleans, or if you need a QUICK response

Em