Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job first?

I am investigating moving to New Orleans as I am totally in love with the city and have been there countless times. Is it best to try to get a job first or move there and take a chance? I am a 15 year sales veteran, mostly in information systems, and I've been applying all over the place there but they say they want locals. Any advice? Anyone looking for a great salesperson???

Re: Job first?

Having a job BEFORE you move is always recommended, however, if you have some money saved up, enough to survive on for a couple of months, then by all means take the plunge without the job first. I have heard this 'hiring locals only' from someone else and it's surprising as this hasn't always been the case...hmmmm...maybe I'm helping too many people move here! LOL

Either way good luck with your job search and let me know if I can help with anything. You can reach me at EmilyInNewOrleans@yahoo.com for a quick response.

Em

Re: Re: Job first?

If you are looking for a place to live while securing a job and a permanent residence, I recommend Fig House, it's a guest house that offers short term or long term rentals. I lived there when I moved to NOLA from Miami. Furnished rooms, use of a full kitchen and more. Their web site is: www.figstreet.com

Good luck!