Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Raising children in NO?

Hi Brad!

As a parent of a young child myself (she was 4 when we moved here), I had a lot of the same questions as you do now. From my point of view, Uptown can't be beat. Close to several parks, the zoo, and home to THE BEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL IN NEW ORLEANS.....Lusher Elementary. (To make sure that you actually get 'in' at Lusher, you must live IN the school's district. You can contact the school directly to get a listing of district addresses. Please DON'T rely on a realtor's advice if an address is IN the district, because there's no guarantee they are right, but the school does have a VERY detailed list of in-district addresses). Now...onto living with children in New Orleans...there's a fabulous "Children's Museum" located in the Arts/Warehouse District on Julia near Magazine. There's also City Park's amusement area and Storyland. There's an actual 'children only' library located on Napoleon Avenue at Magazine Street in Uptown as well. For a complete listing of activities to do with kids in New Orleans, visit http://www.geocities.com/emilyinneworleans/thingstodoFAMILY.html here on my webpage. Hope this helps! Please feel free to write me at EmilyInNewOrleans@yahoo.com should you wish to discuss further

Em

Re: Raising children in NO?

Is this Brad chranko from M.S.U.?

Comment/Question Brad