Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Uptown libraries

Hi Jean Marie!

Theere are three (maybe more) libraries that I know of in Uptown. One is a child's library, so that probably won't interest you too much, but it might your daughter. The second one is the second biggest, if I'm not mistaken, in New Orleans, and that's the one on St. Charles at Dufossat (near Jefferson Avenue). Gorgeous old mansion turned into a library The last one I know of is a smaller branch at the riverbend, on Carrollton near Willow.

Hope that helps

Em

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Forgot to ask this earlier. As I mentioned earlier we will be moving to the uptown area. I'm an avid reader and go the library at least twice weekly. Where are the nearest libraries in the uptown area? Specifically, we will be off of Saint Charles.

Thanks Emily!

Thanks for your quick reply Emily. The library on St. Charles is so close to where we are moving I could walk there! Thanks for all your help.

Replying to:

Hi Jean Marie!

Theere are three (maybe more) libraries that I know of in Uptown. One is a child's library, so that probably won't interest you too much, but it might your daughter. The second one is the second biggest, if I'm not mistaken, in New Orleans, and that's the one on St. Charles at Dufossat (near Jefferson Avenue). Gorgeous old mansion turned into a library The last one I know of is a smaller branch at the riverbend, on Carrollton near Willow.

Hope that helps

Em

Replying to:

Forgot to ask this earlier. As I mentioned earlier we will be moving to the uptown area. I'm an avid reader and go the library at least twice weekly. Where are the nearest libraries in the uptown area? Specifically, we will be off of Saint Charles.