Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Moving back soon

Hi Julie!

Glad you like the page. Good parts of Uptown: between St. Charles and Magazine is nice...and you can even go a street above/below in each direction and still be ok for the most part (best between Jefferson and the riverbend). Closest to Audubon Park is the nicest & safest. Areas to avoid: anything more than a couple of blocks above St. Charles; closest to Tchoupitoulas. As far as #s go...if the street is east-west or downtown-uptown anything is fine. The streets that go north-south or lakeside-riverside you'd want to stay between 800 and 1600. Of course, there are some other nice areas of Uptown such as the area around Fountainbleau, Sycamore, etc. If you have a specific address or street in mind, let me know and I'll see if I can help more specifically

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Emily you have a super page! I am moving back to New Orleans after being gone a few years and am looking forward to it. I would like to find a one bedroom in either the uptown and am looking at ads in the paper online like your site suggested. The only thing is I can't remember where the good parts of uptown meet the bad and want to stay in the nice part. If I'm looking at addresses, which should I avoid or look for? Thanks! Julie