Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Streetcars

I know all about the famous Saint Charles Avenue streetcar line and I heard a rumour that there was a new streetcar line being installed as I type this. Can someone fill me in on the details such as where this new streetcar line is located and when it will be fully operational? Thanks. Wallace G. Bath, U.K.

Re: Streetcars

Hi Wallace!

Thanks for posting! Yes there is a new streetcar line in the works! It's along Canal Street from the river all the way up to City Park Avenue, and they will even have a spur that goes to City Park from the French Quarter/downtown area The project IS currently underway and the first part is to be completed by this time next year, and the spur to City Park is scheduled to be done by Summer of 2004 if I'm not mistaken.

For more info. on this project, visit:

http://www.norta.com/news/canal/

Em

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I know all about the famous Saint Charles Avenue streetcar line and I heard a rumour that there was a new streetcar line being installed as I type this. Can someone fill me in on the details such as where this new streetcar line is located and when it will be fully operational? Thanks. Wallace G. Bath, U.K.

Re: Streetcars

The Desire Streetcar Line has also been given the "go ahead" by the Feds. Once the Canal Streetcar line is finished, the Desire Streetcar will get more funds. The Desire Line will run along N. Rampart Street out to Bywater.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to: