Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question about bugs

hi emily!

first of all just want to add my 2 cents worth about how cool your site is...

i'm moving to new orleans from california and i found a lot of the info about neighborhoods really helpful.... thanks!

now i've heard that because nola is so hot and humid there is often a big problem with bugs and whatnot...

are they really big? is this a big problem when looking for an apartment?

i'm a little paranoid about this but otherwise looking forward to the move

thanks in advance,

d

Re: question about bugs

Yeah, they're big. The city was built on a swamp. BUT, there's a gel on the market, comes in a tube with a plunger (kinda like a small caulk gun) that works wonders. Either Max

Force or Combat. Use it as directed and DON'T use bug spray when you use the gel. Also, if you see a little lizard in your house, a gecko, don't freak out. I did, until I found out they eat bugs.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi emily!

i'm moving to new orleans from california and i found a lot of the info about neighborhoods really helpful.... thanks!

now i've heard that because nola is so hot and humid there is often a big problem with bugs and whatnot...

thanks in advance,

d

Re: question about bugs

Hi Danielle!

Thanks for posting - and I'm glad you like the site Yeah, I've HEARD that the roaches here are huge...can't say I've actually seen one IN my house though, which is a really good thing considering I have an unbelievable fear of roaches. I've only seen a few roaches outside while walking the dog around the neighborhood and I can't say it was any bigger than the roaches in Atlanta...but a roach is roach - ICK! Best advice, when checking out an apartment, look for lots of clues that there is/has been a bug problem such as multiple roach motels or those disks that attract/kill roaches, and even ask the landlord (or better yet present tenant) about bugs. Can't hurt to ask

Good luck!

Em

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hi emily!

thanks in advance,

d