Return to Website

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum

Live in New Orleans? Not yet but you would like to? Well drop on in and ask any and all your questions you might have about moving here. If you live here already, feel free to ask questions, post comments, or start a discussion. Look forward to hearing from you! Em

Emily's Living In New Orleans Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Moving in June!

Hi Emily!

Your site is absolutely wonderful thank you so much for your help! We are moving in June and are narrowing down our first and second choice. We like both Uptown and Lakeview and are really trying to chose one. Any thoughts?

Re: Moving in June!

Hi Charles and Dana! First off - WELCOME to New Orleans!

Lakeview and Uptown are very different from one another, so it really will depend on which you prefer or what you look for in a neighborhood. Uptown seems to be a bigger mix of ages, race, and socio-economic status. A lot of college students live in the area of Uptown due to its proximity with Tulane, Loyola and Xavier, but there is still a large family presence as well. Lakeview tends to be more middle-to-upper class, and is primarily family-oriented. Both areas offer lots of 'play' room with two large parks (Lakeview has City Park and then the park area around the lake; Uptown has Audubon Park); both offer different architectural styles. Lakeview has more of a Spanish/Mission style and Uptown tends to be more traditional victorian or what one would consider 'typical New Orleans' sytled homes. Check out the pictures of both areas here on my website and you'll get a good idea of the differences. They are both great areas of town so it really will just come down to personal preference.

Let me know if I can help with anything else

Em

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Emily!

Your site is absolutely wonderful thank you so much for your help! We are moving in June and are narrowing down our first and second choice. We like both Uptown and Lakeview and are really trying to chose one. Any thoughts?