www.harleyfanzone.com

Webmaster: PeterJH

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Robert Plant And Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

Thanks for that Phil, as I have really been looking forward to this album! The footage was most nauseating, but the music sounded decent enough, even though the snippets were far too short to form a proper opinion.

Uncut couldn't possibly be more positive about it. Interview with Plant who also seems to imply it is the best thing he's done for some 30 years, which frankly isn't saying much but that is a nother subject.
I do like Alison Kraus's work and I I think T Bone Burnett is 1 of the very best producers around so this does sound like a product to look forward to!

Raising Sand- STUNNING

It really is a stunning album. As a fan of both I couldn't really be dissappointed, but it exceeded my expectations- what a fantastic collection of songs too- from Townes Van Zandt through Tom Waites..staggering and beautiful. I have never understood why Harley writes off country as "cowboy music"..this is absolute top drawer musicianship applied to breathtaking examples of songwriting.

Graham

still haven't got the album (still in the post) but saw a video clip on the telly this morning with T Bone Burnett playing guitar in between Beauty & The Beast! I knew he had produced the album but fun to see the great man participate in a video as well!