Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Imperials Alumni Association?

Imperials Alumni Association?

After all these years, years after we SHOULD have had an alumni and booster association to help the Corps, the question has risen:

Is there interest in forming a "formal" Corps alumni association? That is: a group with officers, an actual agenda of meetings and services to members, reunions, etc.? OR .. just a more comprehensive gathering of existing alumni "clubs"?

Yes, there are a few separate "alumni clubs" which exist already. Basically, these are informal gatherings of alums from the various "decades" ... the late 40's and early 50's; the late 50's and 60's; the 70's. These should, of course, continue ... they are friends from their own time. But, it might help to have them coordinate activities and work together on some projects.

A more "formal" organization might require: volunteers to run the group and coordinate activities and meetings; dues for expenses, etc.

What do you think about this? Post your comments and ideas on the website, or send to DavidBorck@aol.com

What did you do in the Corps? member 1958-63, asst. instructor 1964-71

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63 drum line

Re: Imperials Alumni Association?

Dave,

I think an alumni association is a good idea. It would help with the history efforts you and others have started, keep the website going (and help enhance it) and provide a means of organizing social gatherings.

With regard to the social gatherings, it might be difficult for those of us who no longer live in Chicago to attend. But, if I know that something is going on far enough in advance, I just might show up.

John A

What did you do in the Corps? Baritone

What years were you a Corps member? 1959-66 (Cadets 59-61 Imperials 62-66)

Replies so far show these priorites;

1. social gatherings & events
2. keep the website going
3. other historical stuff as needed
(mostly photos, etc.)

Lets hear from more of you on this!!

Alumni group?

We have had about a half-dozen replies about this, with people interested in helping. The primary focus seems to be on social functions among alums.

If you'd like to see this happen, give us a shout!

Are there any accountants out there? We should do this right, non-profit and all. Someday maybe scholorships, etc. and being support of "old school" drum corp.

This could be as big as we want it to be........

What did you do in the Corps? Drum Line (Bells & Xylo)

What years were you a Corps member? 77-79

This would be a very good idea,a lot is involved in
this and we would need many to participate,every member would have to notified,and also have input from everyone on this,to get opinions and ideas.
I'm very interested in it.

What did you do in the Corps? soprano and than french horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 through 1963

I would be interested in helping to some extent. Count my wife Bobbi Dorhn Walter (guard 64-70) in also. We have very limited time available to help.

Ray Holtz (1962-1966) is a CPA and a soprano with the RA. Rose mentioned a CPA might be a needed facilitator during the inception of the Association. Ray is in the throes of the tax season. I will ask if he is interested.

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 59-68

Thanks Tom-that's why I wish we all knew what our "careers" were in the RA (and ex Imps too).

I'm just wondering if we could go through the Government hoops to establish a non-profit organization. I know how to do "for profit" businesses but I would need help with the non-profit stuff.

Don't bother anybody during tax season, so we've only got about a month to go (yeah!)

What did you do in the Corps? Drum Line (Bells & Xylo)

What years were you a Corps member? 77-79

Update;

We have about a dozen people who have expressed interest in helping with the formation of an "alumni association"!

BUT..... nobody has stepped up to the plate to be a leader (or co-leader) to actually move this forward and develop a plan!

Any takers?

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63