Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The passing of a good friend- again.

Dear friends:

Once again, we have to note the passing of a friend.

This time it is my good brother, BRUCE BORCK, who has suddenly left us.

Bruce died at 10 am on St. Patrick's Day, having suffered a major heart artery blockage and heart failure. He is survived by his wife Joanne, daughter Alissa and son Colin.

Bruce loved his family and was involved in all of their activities. He loved drum corps too and was very happy to see his wife and son involved, both with the Rockford Phantom Regiment and, more recently, the Royal Airs alumni corps. He would have enjoyed marching again, especially with some of his old Norwood buddies, but his body told him "no".

Funeral arrangements are pending, but Joanne advises that she hopes to have the wake, followed by a short service, on Sunday, March 21 (afternoon and evening). The location will probably be at the Geils Funeral Home on York Road in Bensenville, IL. Details and directions will be announced when known.

Friends from the Royal Airs are welcome to attend in "informal dress", since they might be coming directly from the planned Corps Camp on Sunday. Everyone who attends should be prepared to share "Bruce stories" to remember him.

If questions, call me at: 847-394-1439

Condolences to Joanne and family at:
1508 Algonquin Dr
Schaumburg, IL 60193-4842
630-980-1876
--------------------------------------------
David Borck

What did you do in the Corps? drummer 1958-63

Re: The passing of a good friend- again.

Thanks for the message Dave. You have become the messenger for these sad messages. This must have been a very difficult one.

Bruce was always a gentleman - a gentle man. I respected everything about him. During our time in Norwood he was a pillar of maturity, a great baritone, a solid corps mate and a good guy. Bruce and his good friend John Anderson were two members whom I envied for their maturity and wisdom.

When I met him again last year, he still had the fast laugh, the quick quip and warm smile. Life dealt him some physical problems, but he endured them with a smile. Life also provided him with a wonderful family - Joanne, Alissa and Colin. I was fortunate to march with Joanne and Colin in the Royal Airs last year. The loving warmth of this family was very evident. Bruce couldn't march, but he was the RA video man and made the flag that holds the logos of all the corps that make up the RA - giving Norwood Park Imperials the prominent position.

I will miss Bruce, but my life was better for knowing him.

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 1959-1968

Re: The passing of a good friend- again.

Great Tribute on the web site. I only met him last December for 30 minutes. He talked of old Norwood and I of new Norwood. He had gone out of his way to pick up stuff from me for the web site. There was some kind of Drum Corp connection which seemed as if we were old friends.