Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friends of Bruce Borck

This is Joanne, Bruce's wife. To say that I am bereft at the loss of Bruce is so inadequate. Through David's posts and your replies that he is sharing with us and all the calls as well as the responses on the Royal Airs web site, I am getting a view of how well loved Bruce is. I cannot explain how much this is helping Alissa, Colin and myself begin to heal and cope with this tremendous hole in our lives. I am humbled by the out pouring of respect, caring and love for Bruce . I hope as many of you as possible will be able to join us at the services for Bruce on Sunday March 21. At 6 PM we are planning a celebration of the person that is Bruce and we would like everyone to participate with their stories, thoughts, feelings about Bruce. If you have stories about Bruce from his corps years that will be wonderful as I have stories from his life with me. For those of you who have not seen him in all of these years, Bruce continued to be outstanding. He was the best Dad to our children and shared and taught them so much. He was my best friend and all that I have become has happened because of his support. Although his sweet baritone has no longer been heard since his age out, he gave back to drum corps his son who played in the bartone line of the Phantom Regiment and the Chicago Royal Airs. If you cannot be with us and have a story to share, please send it to me or David or someone you know who it going to be with us on Sunday. I wish Norwood was still here to send Bruce off in the way he deserves. Bruce has finished the Hisroty of Norwood book and with Will Koenig's help we will have it ready for the presentation next month at the Norwood Park Historica; Society. Bruce was setting up a way to share the book with all of you who would like a copy and we will make that happen. I extend my sympathy to you, his friends and corps family, who also have lost a dear, dear friend.

Joanne Borck