Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DRUM CORPS MAGAZINE LIBRARY

Bob Shreffler (NP drummer and drum major from the 1970's) and Donna Larsen (Gatlin) from the same period, have donated an extensive collection of drum corps magazines to the Corps. These cover the years from 1950 to 1979.

Most are DRUM CORPS WORLD, but there are DRUM CORPS DIGEST and DRUM CORPS NEWS copies in there too.

We are preparing to box these up in a protected manner, with appropriate labels, and lend them to Corps alumni gatherings to read and enjoy.

If any alums have similar old copies they'd like to donate for this purpose, give me a shout. Or.. just send them to me: David Borck, 1424 N. Walnut Ave., Arlington Heights, IL 60004

I have reviewed the copies on hand and it is a hoot! Seeing the old corps (many now gone). Seeing the old scores. Reading the commentary in columns ... especially the "Windy City Breezes" column by RICK MAASS.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-1963

Re: DRUM CORPS MAGAZINE LIBRARY

Glad to get this started! I actually have TONS more magazines in the attic, but the ones I sent were the ones that mentioned Norwood specifically. The rest are WAY too heavy to mail - I couldn't afford it - but maybe I'll throw them in the car the next time I head North.

Actually, I did this same thing for the Kilties' 65th anniversary a couple of years ago, because my Dad marches in the American flag squad for them now. Maybe if more corps contact me, I'll eventually be rid of these things entirely!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73, 78-79