Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
50's NPI

I found this tape for sale through the Drum Corps World web site. Has anyone seen what performance is on this tape? I would hate to spend $160 just for a few photos.

Tape 1 -- Birth of a Champion (1948-1955) Learn how drum corps started in Scouting and veterans groups through the eyes of the Cavalier organization, with cameo performances of the great corps of the 1950s like the Cavaliers, Chicago Grenadiers, Norwood Park Imperials and Belleville Black Knights.

Go to
http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/ocstore/site/product.cfm?id=2D4CF3C0-BB69-43D9-B00C4885478535DD

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979

Re: 50's NPI

Keith,

I have the entire set of those tapes, and they're TERRIFIC! Yes, they focus mostly on the Cavaliers (sorry, Dave), but it's still an invaluable resource for our history, particularly pre-DCI. Norwood is mentioned, particularly in regard to Rick Maas, and there is some old video footage (but very quick). If you're looking for Norwood history, this isn't it. But if you're looking for drum corps history, you won't find any better.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73, 78-79

Re: 50's NPI

I have only the first 3 tapes that's all I wanted.
I heard that the last 3 are all DCI.the first 3 are great to have because it shows a lot of the earlier
corps in the 50's and 60''s.There's also some very
interesting stories that are talked about.You can buy
them individually to.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957-1963