Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I love this website-email me!

Hello all! Judy Gill told me about this website and I love it! I have been "out of the loop" so to speak, concerning drum corps, over the past few years, but I feel that yearning to go back-maybe it is that approaching mid-forties thing. Hmmm me? I don't think I look it-anyway reconnecting with the Imperials makes me feel younger!
I hear Rose Forbes wants a reunion, and I have discussed with the Gill sisters at our dinners out together. I say let's go for it. E-mail me and lets make plans.
In the meantime I guess I have alot of catching up to do with everyone and everything-I don't think there is enough space for memorable parades and trips-just too much to remember!
"Thanks for the Memories!" (circa Cadets 1975 I think?)

What did you do in the Corps? Played the French horn (against my will-I should have been a first soprano!)

What years were you a Corps member? 1975-1979

Re: I love this website-email me!

Hi,Jeannine, it's Judy Vega. I love this site too. I heard about it from Mrs. R. I think it is a great way to hear from other alumni. Drums Corps has a special connection, a special comradery. Whenever I run into someone or hear from someone I haven't seen or heard from in a while, I find it easy to talk to them like I just saw them the other day even though it could be years from the last time I saw them.

I remember seeing you at a Cavie show a couple of years back. It was the same show I saw Ted & Ginny and their son Christopher.

I went on a ski trip about 13 years ago and ran into Rose Forbes at a bar at a ski lodge in Upper Michigan, two years in a row. I didn't know if she was more scared that she remebered who I was or the fact that someone at a ski lodge bar, way up north, knew who she was and proceeded to yell her name across the bar to get her attention.

Drums Corps definitely is not a small world. It is amazing how many people know of Drum Corps so you don't have to go through the whole rigmarole of trying to explain that "Drum Corps is like a marching band with bugles, drums and a color guard but no woodwind section etc..." The past couple of jobs I've had, somebody knew of Drum Corps or knew someone who marched in Drum Corps.

I currently work in the mortgage department at Barrington Bank and my boss said she knows the Ressurection girls. Her name is Janet Taylor now Janet Huffman. She said she lived on one of the "O" streets in the St. Juliana area, and remembers you, Karen H., Rose F., Diane R., Ginny G. and Sue R., more from the grammar school years than in high school years, but she did know who you were.

When I worked for First Chicago Bank, I worked with someone name Allayne who used to live in Oak Park and knew the Snyder Clan. What a blast from the past it was to be at Allayne's going away party and running into Joe Snyder himself.

Speaking of blasts from the past, at my work co-ed softball game this summer, the man behind the plate, making the calls as usual, Mr. Hank Grana. He said he doesn't do Drums Corps anymore but passes the time umpimg games. It took me a while to figure out who he was, but halfway through the game it started raining so I was unable to use my "Drum Corps connection" to help get our team a few calls thrown our way.

I still keep in touch with Lisa Jacobs, actually having lunch with her this Thursday, Candy, and Val.

It was great hearing from you.

Hey Judy! I remember that show. A bunch of us went to the Cavie show last year but we were unable to go this year. Anyway, I do remember Janet Taylor from Saint Juliana.
I ran into a couple of girls I went to Res with when I was living in Streamwood; pretty amazing when you think about how small our graduating class was-you know six degrees of separation!Unfortunately, I haven't kept in touch with Karen Healy or Diane Ruchalski over the past few years; life just got in the way.
However, I have hooked up with Chris Harder a couple of times since I moved back from California in '92. She has a very nice career with Leo Burnett, the ad agency as well as a great house in the city.
AND I am planning on meeting up with Rose Forbes n Momence this weekend since it is relatively close to where I live-it should be fun!

What did you do in the Corps? Played the French horn (against my will-I should have been a first soprano!)

What years were you a Corps member? 1975-1979

Jeannine, tell Rose Forbes I said HI and ask her if she remembers the ski trips where I bumped into her back in 1991 & 1992. Talk about freaky.

I saw Chris Harder at "Career Day" at our old high school "Good Counsel" a couple of years back. If you see her again, tell her I said HI!

Went to a Cavie show 3 years ago with Lisa, Candy, Val & Jan Warren. Ended up with 50 yard line seats under the GE Box, ummmm, wonder how that happened.

A couple of years ago the Cavie show was way to crowded and ended up sitting in the back stands. Turned out to be a good move because a lot of the corps decided to play to the back the field that year.

Best show I saw was DCI Finals in Madison a couple of years ago. Got there just in time to hear the Santa Clara Vanguard Alumni, 60 some horns or so, do a standstill exhibition show. I was trying to get to my seat so I was on the ground level and when they played "Send in the Clowns" it was, as the younger generation would say, "so sweet." The crowd went wild when the color guard did the "Bottle Dance." It was totally awesome, it sent shivers up my spine and I got a lump in my throat thinking about all the fun we used to have in the old days.

It was nice in the old days when you could hear a song being played and say, "Blue Devils, 1980." Unfortunately, now a days I can only remember a corps by the "creative" wardrobe they wear, I would have to say the Cavies take the cake in that category, or lack of wardrobe, the color guard was or wasn't wearing. Boy have times changed.

Didn't mean to talk your ear off, or should I say, "write" your ear off, just got on a tangent.

Take care and tell Rose I said HI!