Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Personal Notes and 70's History

I couldn’t think of just one topic for all these things…

What Cheryl said from the other thread is probably right. I can’t speak for everyone, but I needed a little time away from this great thing we call Drum Corps. Too much of anything can lead to burn out…and personally, I was burning out from what was a tough (but fun!) summer schedule.

What a great year it has been! If you ‘d told me several years ago I would march again, I wouldn’t have believed it. Then add that I would actually meet up with people that I had once marched with 20-some years ago…and I would have said you were nuts!!

It was fun marching in the same Corps with Rose again. I forgot what show it was, but Rose and I actually marched on to the field side by side once. As corny as it sounds, I thought that was pretty cool!

It was great seeing Jim Snyder. I first saw Jim (again) at DeKalb after I walked over to the Govie’s and asked around for him. He was in the bus (probably sleeping) and when he came out, it was like a stepping in to the “way-back-machine”. I still can’t get over how much Jim hasn’t changed.

I can’t forget about Doris R. I spent some time with her at South Milwaukee after the show. As a lot of you know..she is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

I will also admit that after each show, I looked around for Bob Shreffler. I kept thinking he would make a surprise visit.

As far as the Royal Air family is concerned, everyone associated with that group is a class act. Mouse, Adrianne, Larry S., Terri, Kosmo (Cow House!), Ray, Larry N., Bill B., Will, Nancy, Paul, and…I’m sure I’m missing people here – you’re the best!! Tom Walter and Billy Blomquist “adopted” me back when I joined the Royal Airs last winter, and their friendship is one I’ll always remember. As I’m sure most of you know, I’m probably not going to be able to march again this year. I’m already missing it.

Now that I have the time again, I will resume the work I started on the 70’s history of the NPI. Not being able to finish it over the summer may have been a blessing in disguise. There has been a lot more 70’s alumnus that has found this web site since I started the project. I invite anyone who has anything they would like to contribute towards rounding out the 70’s history section to please contact me. I’m looking for anything you may find relevant to any year. This could be stories, pictures, or both. Maybe some of you have scrap books with clippings and other memories you would like to share with the rest of the drum corps world.

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 1979