Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
70's History

What a weekend!

I've been busy gathering information on the 70's and last weekend was the biggest treat of all!! I traveled south (I live in the Milwaukee area) and visited Doris (Mother Superior) Ruchalski at her home. Even the trip was interesting in that I had to drive through Norwood Park to get to Doris' house.

She kept very detailed records of everything that happened from the mid 70's through the mid 80's. Just seeing all that "stuff" spread out on her dining room table was overwhelming. I didn't know where to begin.

As an added bonus, as I walked in to Doris' home, another friendly face from the past came up to greet me. With a big smile (on both our faces) , Jim Fiduccia shook my hand!!! He looks great and he still has all that energy I remember him having. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who has aged.

We sat at the table and as I was making copies of scores, turnouts, rosters, etc....Jim, Doris and I caught up a little (26 years?!?) and relived memories. This was supposed to be a working trip!!! It turned into an afternoon of reminiscing and looking through old photographs. Oh well. I did get a lot of information copied..enough to get me started on the later 70's

It looks like I'll be making several more trips. I can't wait!!

If anyone has anything they would like to contribute. I would appreciate it. Nothing is too small and insignificant. I'm really in need of photographs. This includes you folks who marched in the 80's also!! Please email me.

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979