Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Missing" alumni

There have been some recent e-mails and postings, including Rich Bivers post yesterday, containing references to "missing alumni" .. those we haven't been able to contact. They haven't heard about the Corps website either.

Rich mentioned two names familiar to me: Bill Gallagher and Arnie Eichorst! We have no clue where they are ... but if YOU DO, give us a shout .. or tell them about us.

Other names which come to my mind: Bill Plastina, Dick Stack, Bill Nohr, Lee Beaudreu, Gazry Friebus, Al Parchem.

What did you do in the Corps? percussion 1958-63; asst. instructor 1964-70; quartermaster 1964-66

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: "Missing" alumni

Has anyone heard from Nick Zadalack(sp?) from Addison who marched in the early 70's and was an instructor for a while afterwards?

I haven't heard from "Nick", but there are A LOT of missing alumni out there yet. If anyone has contacts with alumni who haven't appeared on the e-mail list or on the Forum, give us a shout.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer: later: Quartermaster, assistant drum instructor

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63

Nick was one of the Romeoville people who came up in that limo that my Dad drove. The corps had a camp at Westview Junior High School in 1971. The band director there was also the director of the Joliet American Legion Band, which Dad was a member of. For a junior high band, Westview was incredible. They did a full field show every year, and were better than many of the high school bands around (who were still doing Big 10 style marching). After that camp, many joined in 1972, and more in 1973. I remember the following coming from there (and there were some interesting rides up and back from practice in that limo!):

Nick Zadylak
Kurt Kenyon
Dave Clark (later Guardsmen Drum Major)
Teresa Golden
Denita ?
John ? (Denita's boyfriend)
Irene Wilt (Imperials DM)
Larry Liebrum
Myself and my little brother Steve

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

What about the Gillans... They were mentioned in an earlier post .. John Gillan.. his daughter Julie marched in 78 and 79. They moved to Littleton Colorado and actually were involved with the than start up Blue Knights. they moved to Texas a few years later.. I believe Plano.. havent heard from them in 25 years or so...

Sheila

Giving us names is good. But to make progress ... give some contact information: .addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses!

Anybody who sees "missing alumni" names and has some contact info for them ..give a shout.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer: later: Quartermaster, assistant drum instructor

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63

Sheila, I'm pretty sure that John and Judy live in Maryland and Julia is in Indiana. If you are interested in getting in touch with them, I'll try and get contact information. Let me know.

What years were you a Corps member? A Corps manager 76-79

Jim & Sheila...

Don't know if this is them, but surely quite a coincidence:

John T & Judith A Gillan have an address less than 10 miles from me here near Baltimore. I have it from the White Pages, and I'm reluctant to post it, but E-mail me at npi.web@comcast.net and I'll send it back.

Larry

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

How ironic! I called the number and spoke to both Judy and John - yep, it's them!

They just returned from a day trip to New Jersey where they were watching the Cadets practice.

I provided Alumni login info, and I'm just guessing, but I think you'll see them posting here real soon.

Larry

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

Larry, thank you very much for taking time to find them. It saved me the time and I truly appreciate it greatly. It doesn't surprise me they were watching the Cadets. John was extremely valuable in his time with Norwood, as were his wife and daughter, and was always a dedicated drun corps follower. Hope you get the pictures, of the Corps bus, that were sent late today.
Sheila, I am sure if you get in touch with John, he will be happy to put you in touch with Julie.

What years were you a Corps member? A Corps manager 76-79

Where's Bob Newman (early '60's)...a very good first soprano and a gentleman?

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? Cadets 61-62/Imperials 63-67

Missing alum AL PARCHEM (drummer) has been located, living in Elmhurst, IL. Al marched 1959-61 but moved to the Royal Airs when Dick Brown started teaching them. He left them soon after to attend college. Now is CEO of a management training firm. (I have contact info if anyone wants it.)

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re:

Does anyone know where Charlene Nowak is--I was in corp with her in 69 & 70???? Would be great to get in
touch with her......

What did you do in the Corps? Color Guard

What years were you a Corps member? 69 & 70