Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new drum corps being started in Illinois!

Message received from NP alum Gary Schumann:

I am trying to start a new Drum Corps and have a 5 year plan that includes starting as an indoor drumline.

We are in need of equipment and are in the building stages. We currently are seeking financial support within our community and have some very promising avenues. I was wondering if you might e-mail the alumni and ask if anyone would be interested in making a donation to our efforts. I know that any donations will spark in-kind donations by members of our community as well as fuel further interest. Any help would be appreciated.

More information on our group can be found at www.knightfirepercussion.org

Thank you.
Gary W. Schumann
--------------------------------

If you'd like to contribute, check their website as noted above. In any event, give Gary your encouragement and support by e-mail
(gw-schumann@wiu.edu) or via the wbsite.

This is a great effort!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-83

Re: new drum corps being started in Illinois!

Thank you for posting this. Macomb is a music rich environment and all the people involved have high hopes. The University Marches anywhere from 120-165 and the High school alone marches approximately 150, This base is full of talented musicians ready and willing to fill out our lines with skilled performers. Currently we are in dire need of percussion battery. That is why we need your help. If you would like to see the rebirth of the ol' Maroon and Gold. Give what you can. Thank you

What did you do in the Corps? Percussion

What years were you a Corps member? 1982-83

Did I mention that this new drum corps is located in Macomb, Illinois.?

They also have some connections with the music department at WIU

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Good news!

Tom Day and Bugles Across America are the new sponsor(s) of the KnightFire Drum and Bugle Corps and percussion unit, now located in Danville, Illinois.

BAA is sponsoring 26 horns and a complete drum line and 75 uniforms he just got from a Calif source.

Real Drums and Real G horns live again in Central Illinois!!
Gary Schumann, Imperials alumnus, is the Corps founder and Driector

See, the spirit of Norwood still lives in all of us. The corps still needs funds too. Donations can be sent to Gary at:
KnightFire
1512 Eastview
Danville, il 60183

Re: Knight Fire drum corps .. for more information you can also check their website:

www.knightfirepercussion.com

It's great to see someone trying to re-create
Drum Corps as some of us knew it.you have to start
somewhere.

Hey'26 horns is a good start.I remember one time
Blessed Sac had 27 horns,but sounded like 36,but
again that's another story.Hope it keep's growing.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? !957 thru 1963