Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
End of summer and start of Fall!

Do any alums have special activities to report for this season?

Of course, many alums go to college football games for their schools! AND, many also have high school football games for their grandkids!

Then, there are a lot of band shows to see in the area! Many are VERY good!

What are your special plans?

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-1963

Re: End of summer and start of Fall!

With the end of summer begins the beginning of winter guard preparations. I run a small little guard out of our local park district. We are entering our 3rd year of competition with Midwest Color Guard Circuit. For us the countdown has begun. For anyone in the Midwest (Chicago area), keep and eye out at your local high schools starting in January for the shows.

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 80-81

Re: End of summer and start of Fall!

Dave has requested some additional info about my guard. We practice in Worth,Il at our local park district gym. It is only half the size that we actually compete on, but it is all we have. Our first performance is this Sunday in our local Worth Days Parade. No band for us but we have a truck fitted with a sound system to play our song!! Our next performance won't be until January at our first competition. Our biggest struggle is of course $$$$. I have gotten sponsorship from our Lions Club and one of our banks in town, but it is never enough. My girls currently range in age from 8-16. I usually floor between 17-22 girls each year. It is such a pleasure to watch them grow and learn and develop into great people. I truly feel blessed to be able to continue to enjoy this activity and collect a very small stipend. I would do it for free but don't tell my bosses at the park that!!!!!

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 80-81