Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DCI Championships in 2008 at Indianapolis

Well, DCI has decided to focus on Indy as their site for their annual championships. An indoor site, no less!

How many NP alums will plan to make the trip to Indy for this show?

Note: There will probably be a lot of DCI shows in the Chicago/ Illinois/ Wisconsin areas prior to the Championship week.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-1963

Re: DCI Championships in 2008 at Indianapolis

Actually, Dave, they are building a brand new retractable roofed stadium that will house DCI.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucas_Oil_Stadium

yes, Jim, I had forgotten that this NEW stadium will have a retractable roof. Wonder what that will do to the acoustics there?

In 81 and 82, DCI was in Olympic Stadium in Montreal. This was before they put a roof on the stadium, so it was similar to a retractable roof. I watched in 81 and the sound was not good with an obvious echo. I performed there in 82 and I could barely hear the person next to me and the DM had to give all of his commands visually as well as orally because it was impossible to hear him. Don't know if that's comparable to Indy's new stadium, it can't be as bad as the Superdome.

Note, too, that 2008 will be the 60th anniversary of the Cavaliers .. so I'll expect that corps to have a large contingent of attendees at the DCI shows in Indy!

BTW .. Indianapolis is really a great town to visit. A first class downtown area with lots of good restaurants. They have a fine zoo and (of course) the Racetrack (with museum).

And they've just announced that there will NOT be a television broadcast this year - too expensive, apparently.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

perhaps. But it IS a great way to "encourage" people to attend one of their shows at the new highly inflated ticket prices!