Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Comp Guard Question

My family got me an IPod for Christmas and my daughter loaded lots of my favorites songs for me... While listening to SHAFT, I thought of the Comp Guard from that same 70's era that marched to Maynard Ferguson's Shaft arrangement. They wore Blue & Cream uniforms (very similar to the Royal Aires, but they were gone by then), they were from Chicago proper and had a fantastic show. They were crisp, visually appealing and their music a delight. So, who were they? We competed against them for at least two seasons....

Happy almost 2008!!!

What did you do in the Corps? Guard

What years were you a Corps member? 73-77

Re: Another Comp Guard Question

Penny,

I checked with my friends in Green, and they think you're probably talking about the St. Augustine Lancers. Ring any bells?

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

You, they, are right!!! They went by the name the St. A's Lancers. Thank you, now I can finish out the year with answered questions.

By "green" guys, you are referring to that other drun & bugle corps that shared the Northwest side with us? LOL

Thanks Bob, all the best to you and Sherri for a great 08!

What did you do in the Corps? Guard

What years were you a Corps member? 73-77

Yes, Penny, those are the guys. And I suffer on BOTH sites when I mention the other one, but I'm willing to do it for you!

This year will be great for us - thanks for the good tidings. Hope it's terrific for ALL of us in 2008!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79