Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: More winter!

Hopefully the weather will break for the midwest. After last weekend's storms northern CA has had some very nice weather for a change.

I've heard that Wisconsin is also considering disaster funds as well. The Feds give money to Florida and Georgia so they can use their treated sewage and swamp water to drink (both places are running out of water) and New Orleans money to rebuild, so I don't see why Illinois and Wisconsin shouldn't get something.

Hopefully the weather will break for the midwest. After last weekend's storms northern CA has had some very nice weather for a change--seems back to mormal.

I've heard that Wisconsin is also considering disaster funds as well. The Feds give money to Florida and Georgia so they can use their treated sewage and swamp water to drink (both places are running out of water) and New Orleans money to rebuild, so I don't see why Illinois and Wisconsin shouldn't get something to deal with their weather issues.

I'd hand a WHITE flag of surrender at my house, but nobody would see it!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 1963

I was ready to put out a WHITE FLAG of surrender, but then I realized that nobody would see it!

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Great! Just great!

Just as we are getting used to the idea that the worst of winter has passed and we will start getting some Spring type weather, we get a new winter storm! On March 21, the first day of Spring! Cruel fate!

This will mess up a lot of Easter gatherings.

Just be glad you do live along one of those rivers in Missouri or the Mississippi.

It's 65 degrees in San Francisco and everything is green and flowers are blooming.

78 degrees with scattered showers here today...

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Sounds like they might have a tough time getting in the opening day games for the Cubs and White Sox. Think the season starts next weekend.

I seem to recollect that Cleveland or Milwaukee cancelled their opening day series a few seasons ago because of the winter weather.

So much for Global Warming?

What did you do in the Corps? Baritone--Cadets 1959 through 1961 Imperials 1962 through 1966

I don't know about anybody else but they start the
season(Baseball)to early and it's much to long.Do
they really have to play that many games?

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

The Baseball season starts much to early,and do
they really have to play that many games?

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

It's all about the money. Some teams are opening season in Japan.

What did you do in the Corps? Baritone--Cadets 1959 through 1961 Imperials 1962 through 1966

Hey, you have to pay those exorbitant salaries for the "overworked" baseball players!

Hey! It is over ... winter that is! At least, we HOPE so!

We have been known to have a late snow here into early May. Hope that won't happen again!

Funny you should say that. It's snowing here right now!

Don't know if that's all that strange for Minnesota. Remember driving through Duluth-Superior after memorial day one year and seeing an ice breaker keeping a path open for ships going in and out of Port of Duluth.

1 2