Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SUMMER PLANS FOR VIEWING CORPS?

Remember summer? I HOPE that we will have that again!

Anyone have plans to see special corps shows this year? DCI Championships in Indianapolis? Regional shows?

Note that ticket prices have gone WAY up!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: SUMMER PLANS FOR VIEWING CORPS?

You couldn't pay me to watch a Drum Corp show. I'll watch a Band competition any time.

Donna, for the most part, I agree with you. The band programs that I judged in Indiana and Illinois were way more entertaining and understandable than DCI corps.
But, that might be just an OPINION!

The stuff that I have seen on TV from DCI lately is pretty sad.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

We will be going to Indianapolis and maybe Naperville. I find drum corps still very entertaining....there are some excellent musicians they have to be in geat shape to do the shows. Too bad there is not more recognizable music.

What did you do in the Corps? baritone

What years were you a Corps member? Cadets 62, 63 Imperials 64-70

I noted that DCI has a show planned at the Leland Stanford Junior University Stadium in Palo Alto CA around the 4th of July. However, the only major corps are the Blue Devils, Santa Clara and Phantom Regiment. May attend if I don't have anything better to do.

I'll be at the Atlanta regional in July for the Spirit reunion, but I'm not sure I'm going to the actual corps show. I'm with Donna and Dave - bands are MUCH more entertaining now, and the ticket prices for DCI shows are ridiculous! And if I went, I'd just sit all night with my Spirit friends putting down what we're seeing and comparing it to the "good old days" anyway - we can do that at some bar and spend less money!

Although I would like to see the Cavaliers reunion corps...

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

I plan on being at the Naperville show

What did you do in the Corps? Cymbals, Bass Drum, Tenor

What years were you a Corps member? 1980-1983