Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IMPERIAL CADETS PICTURES

It is really great to see so many Cadet pictures being added to the website. It would be great to see more being added from the 1940s, 50s and 60s too!

We all should realize that the Cadets were the real life blood of the corps. THEY provided the new members for the Imperials year after year. THEY literally SAVED the A corps on several occasions .. where almost all of the Cadet corps was "moved up" to the Imperials.

Yes, that was a major reason for their existence. BUT, it was also meant to be FUN for them too! And, they DID!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: IMPERIAL CADETS PICTURES

The A corp needed members to march in the St Pats parade in 1970. I was honored to be asked. I marched that parade and think I froze to death. In 1971, I marched both B and A corp. Joanne Tomaszek and I marched as the American Flag unit. When the A corp had prelims someone would stand in for me, since I was marching in B corp. Thanks for making those memory's return.

Re: IMPERIAL CADETS PICTURES

Mr. Hausheer once said that his best days in drum corps were in the Cadets. I have lots of memories from those times - mostly from Buddy Grana's house, where we stayed most weekends all summer with Gary, Glenn, Mary Lynn, and Greg. They were great people, very hospitable, and we LOVED staying there!

Except for Glenn's paper-tying maching at 3am...

That was part of what made 78-79 so much fun for me, because I was marching with many of the people who had been in the Cadets with me in 70-71.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79