Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHILDREN OF IMPERIALS IN OTHER CORPS?

Well, I might as well ask, since Bob Shreffler was so surprised that my son marched in the Cavalier Cadets!

Since the Imperials were in bad shape after 1979 .. and gone by 1984 ... how many Imperials alums had their children marching in OTHER corps?

MY son marched in the "Little Green", the Cavalier Cadets. They were actually pretty good and competitive as a Cadet Corps.

My nephew Colin Borck, (Bruce's son) marched in the Phantom Regiment Cadets, then the Phantom Regiment.

Others?

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: CHILDREN OF IMPERIALS IN OTHER CORPS?

How about PARENTS marching? My Dad (to my lasting horror) spent five years with the Senior Kilties in Wisconsin (I don't admit that to many people...). Seeing your Father in a skirt isn't something you want in your life.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

I remember in 1982, we would consistently lose to the Cavalier Cadets, as well as Phantom Cadets. That was pretty tough to take.

What did you do in the Corps? Cymbals, Bass Drum, Tenor

What years were you a Corps member? 1980-1983

My older son (17)is marching his second year as a Tuba with The Cavaliers. He was with the La Crosse Blue Stars in 2006.

What did you do in the Corps? Contra Bass

What years were you a Corps member? 1973

Don't forget that Colin marched in the 2003 Royal Airs Reunion Corps.

What did you do in the Corps? Drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 - 1967

Scott Rhebergen!? How long have YOU been lurking out here? Another Norwood turned Cavalier in our midst (maybe I won't have to take all of the heat alone now).

I can't tell you how many schools we got into during those years because of Scott's "talents."

I have been on and off for a while.
I spend more time in the other fourm.
By the way my other son is a drummer, wants to play quads. take's after his mothers side.

Obviously the smarter side...