Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A great dinner

Last night I had dinner with Keith Normandin, who was visiting family here in sunny Florida. He was definitely working on a nice red sunburn to take back to Milwaukee to show off to his friends! We had a terrific evening chatting, and it reminded me of how connected drum corps people are and remain throughout our lives. Keith and I basically knew each other for six months 30 years ago, when I was 20 and he was 14, yet we laughed and gabbed for hours like we had just come off the field last week.

THAT'S what's great about drum corps.

And he had a gift for me that really meant a lot - a patch from the old Cadet uniforms, which I immediately recognized, even though they were not put on the new uniforms in 1971. Does anyone know when, or if, they were put on uniforms after that?

A great night - thanks, Keith!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Re: A great dinner

It was a great dinner Bob. Thanks so much for the opportunity. I had a great time sitting down with you and reminiscing. I always find it interesting to talk to someone who shared the same experience but has a different memory. Our discussion about State Fair 1979 was fun and a good laugh…even though I’m still traumatized after all this time. We lost finals after taking prelims. Ugh. I can’t let it go.

The highlight of the dinner, for me, was getting to meet your wife Shary. You can tell how much inner strength she has. She is truly an amazing person and an inspiration. As a bonus, she is also a sweet person. It is a privilege to meet her.

We need to do that again sometime!!

PS...I came back to Milwaukee early Saturday morning to over a foot of new snow. My kids were making sand castles on Daytona Beach on Thursday, and made a snow man on Saturday!!! I continue to show off my sunburn with pride!!!

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979

More alums should do this! Sounds like a lot of fun!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

One nice thing about Drum Corps is the connection
we have with each other,even though some us were
never in the Corps at the same time.

There's some of you I have never met and yet in a
way I do know you because of what we have in
commom and because of our web-site.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

I marched in the cadets 74 thru 78. In 1974 we got new uniforms. They did not have any patches in them. In 1976 we added a 50th side sash for one year for the 50th anniversary of the corps. I still have one my mom sent me this winter. Keith I hope to see you at Milwaukee the R/A is planning on being there this year.

What did you do in the Corps? guard