Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NORWOOD PARK CORPS FAMILIES

I was recently talking with some alums about families involved in the Corps.

Here are some that I remember:

Granas
Minors
Borcks
Blomquists
Van Voorhees
Tessitores
Saigers
Mounseys
Wills

Of course,there are many MORE to be added to the list!

Some special names....

Caroline Grana ... what a wonderful person and great chaperone! Maybe because she was a fine mother?

Frank Grana ...golly, what a mechanic! And a fine person!

Add some more to the list!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: NORWOOD PARK CORPS FAMILIES

Interesting that you mention Frank Grana's mechanical skills. I remember going to a Christmas party at their place (probably 72 or 73) and Dad's car wouldn't start afterward. Frank simply hit it with a ball peen hammer, and we were on our way!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Thanks for the kind words about my parents. A couple of other families.....Gill, Schlinker, Tomasek, Maggio, Uliveri.

from the late 70's..

Anderson
Vergin
Bay

how did I forget...
The Snyders!

What about what areas people came from. I know that when I joined, I was one of about 15 people that came from St. Hilary's area. The Metkens got me in it and alot others. I was the only one that stayed with it from Cadets to the A corps. When I was in Cadets, I had my brother on cymbols and one of my older sisters on rifle.

What did you do in the Corps? Drums

Don't forget the Ruchalski family. They did a tremendous amount of work amd good for the corps.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

There were alot of families that kicked in-do you remember the spaghetti dinners run by the mothers club? Or the numerous formal dances at the Jolley Club? Or the Cherry Tree festival to raise money for the corps? Try-----

Sprysak
Chopinski
Tomas
Rick Maas
Lesk
Henry Marewski
Mrs. Brown