Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SOMETIMES I WONDER IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE

I check the NP website, especially the alumni forum, 2 or 3 times a week. Seems to be a very sparse level of activity these days.

Maybe due to summer activities and/ or work?

Makes me wonder ...

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: SOMETIMES I WONDER IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE

It comes and goes. Maybe with a new season starting, things will pick up. And if the Cavaliers do well, I'm sure the true "haters" in the group will wake up! Maybe even more so if they do badly...

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

We folks from Illinois have finally been able to get outside the past few days. So many projects outdoors, such rainy weather.

I've spent most of May and now June on airplanes and in hotels. I'm looking forward to the 4th of July weekend so I can at least do some stuff in the yard. Was planning to go to Palo Alto to see the Blue Devils in a DCI show but may just stay home.

We're here. Sometimes (most times) I just enjoy reading all the posts and hearing everyone's thoughts. While reading the posts regarding the Nationals stay in New Jersey ... My sister Kathy was a rookie that year and we went as a family to cheer on the corps. I was pretty young, but I do remember the beer can removal problem...we were at the same motel. I also remember my brother Chuck's tale from Nationals 19?? and the "scandal" some color guard from another corps created when they treated male passers-by to a strip-tease from their dorm window. It formed an everlasting memory for him!!!!!

What did you do in the Corps? Guard

What years were you a Corps member? 73-77

I'm here. I've been very busy. my current position is ending at the end of July, and I am working a couple side businesses as well.

Kids are having a busy summer. Both kids are now in traveling soccer.

What did you do in the Corps? Cymbals, Bass Drum, Tenor

What years were you a Corps member? 1980 - 1983

Those last few words,"If anyone is out there,reminds
me of "Pink Floyd's"Comfortly Numb from there album
"The Wall".

I've been out there,but just busy with thing's and
also being involved with my new Granddaughter,5
week's old today.

I'll try to keep up to date on what's going on here.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

I'm here too Dave, just not as often as I would like. Lots of projects taking up my time these days. Many of the projects I put off for a few years, so I have been finally seeing to what I have been procrastinating on for so long. LOL

Actually, this is one of the more active alumni message boards that I have seen. I'm sure things may pick up during the summer a bit when everyone feels the old drum corps bug start fluttering within them.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Penny, that was 1969 in Philadelphia. We stayed at Temple University and there were two dorm towers that faced each other. Unfortunately we weren't in for the show, but I think your brothers room was on the side that faced the girls dorm. He probably got more than one show.

What did you do in the Corps? Drum Major and Baritone

Still "wonder(ing) if anyone is out there," Dave?

nope. as someone else predicted, as the drum corps season started there would be comments and talk!

Keep it up

Ole Man Winter puts us to sleep, in a cold, long slumber, Dave. Human Hybernation.

Winter? What's that?

Thanks Bob! Surely you must remember winter?

Only from Norman Rockwell paintings...