Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anyone else.....

have Cub fever??

go cubs goooo . go cubs goooo... hey chicago whadda ya say the cubs are gonna win today..

Re: anyone else.....

YAHOO

A White Sox fan wants to know if Cubs Fever is when you burn all summer only to cool off in the playoffs???

Actually I hope they win it all this year. Experiencing both a Sox and Cubs championship in our lifetimes will not likey happen again.

What did you do in the Corps? drum

What years were you a Corps member? 61-69

I think the Cub fans have had this fever for a while, like 100 years. Maybe someday they will actually find the cure. LIKE MAYBE WINNING IT ALL! I doubt it. Go Southsiders!

What did you do in the Corps? Drum Major and Baritone

I've actually been following the Cubs from the west coast. Don't ever remember them being 20 games over 0.500.

This team seems to have a chemistry (everybody contributes) which is different than the past contending Cub teams. The White Sox had that when they won the series and their opponent, the Astros, had it as well. That was one of the best world series I've seen. I also recollect the 1984 Detroit Tigers were like that as well. The got off to a start similar to the Cubs this year and no one ever caught them.

The way things are looking now there seems to be a greater potential for an all Chicago World Series. Seem to recollect that the Cubs and Sox should be playing either this weekend or next. Should be interesting.

What did you do in the Corps? Baritone

What years were you a Corps member? 1959 thru 61 Cadets 1962 thru 1966 Imperials

The last time the Cubs had the best record in baseball in the middle of June was 1908 - the last time they won the World Series!

This IS the year!!!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

They will still be the Cubs untill they prove not to be the "loveable losers". Go Sox

Don't believe I'd call the Cubs performance the last few years "lovable losers." They've been in the playoffs or close. Probably similar record to the Sox. Pinella is the best manager they've had in a while. They lost the playoffs to the Marlins in 2003 under Dusty Baker who again proved he couldn't manager pitchers when he lost the series with the Giants and did the same thing with the Cubs.

Nowdays it's more about the manager's skill in using his people than it was in the days of Dee Fondy, Harry Chiti, Bob Rush, etc. Until the late 60s the team was essentially Ernie Banks and a bunch of other guys. Sad thing is that no days once a team wins the series, they hit the skids the next year as their guys sign with other teams. That's happened this year with Detroit and Colorado and think it happened with the Sox after their championship.

As it's always been, the winner is who ever is hot at the end. Having followed the A's since I moved here in 1984. The had three great World Series clubs in the late 80s but only one team won the series--swept the Blue Jays in the playoffs and Giants in the series.

Should be an interesting year for Chicago. Chicago is still one of the best sports towns in the country.

I haven't been watching the Cubs or Sox much, but have been watchinmg the NCAA mens baseball championships. Right now, a team from Fresno, CA (The Fresno State Bulldogs) is tearing up the place.

Folks, I suggest y'all watch the Cubs hosting the Orioles next week, Tues 6/24 thru Thurs 6/26.

You'll have the unique treat of watching the guy that should be playing second base for the Cubs and seeing first hand what you've been missing. Too bad the Cubs couldn't pull the trigger on that trade.

While the Cubs are doing great, I'd suggest that their year would have been much more secure if Brian Roberts was on the team. And won't it be ironic if the Orioles should happen to sweep the Cubs up next week because of Brian Roberts playing on the other side?

While the Orioles have a young team, they've been climbing unexpectedly, so don't count yer chickens too soon!

Larry (at home in Baltimore)

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

Looks like Cub Fever was hot enough to burn the Sox this weekend. Maybe the next series will be different.

Larry - I will be on a rooftop Tuesday night. As a Sox fan, this really hurts to say - especially after tihs weekend: "Go Cubs!"

What did you do in the Corps? drum

What years were you a Corps member? 61-69

I caught the last few innings of the game on Sunday night. They're really hot this year. Hopin' they go all the way!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare

What years were you a Corps member? 197? - 1979

I went to my first night game this year. It was a cold May night(43 degrees). We had a great time. Cubs whooped the Padres that night.

This might be the only game I get to this year. But I watched the cross-town classic and several other games.

My Grandma just turned 99 years old on May 30th. She missed the last Cubs World Series by one year. I just can't take another century.

What did you do in the Corps? Cymbals, Bass Drum, Tenor

What years were you a Corps member? 1980 - 1983

Just a little reminder everyone its the end of June,
and there's a lot of baseball to be played.I'll
wait until sometime in September and see how the
standings are,it's way to early.You know how it is
as far as the teams in Chicago go.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

Glad to see the Cubs doing well. Would love to see them in the World Series during my lifetime.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Jim, 99 years is a long time. Does your grandmother follow the game?

My Dad will be 95 this October and he still follows baseball and football. He's hoping!