Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to stay at DCI finals on 8/7-8/9?

I'm going to go to all 3 days of DCI world class (Div. I) finals in Bloomington, IN. I didn't buy my tickets yet. Anybody got a good idea on a place to stay for those nights, nice and cheap? How about right next to the IU stadium? That would be nice. ha ha ha. Thanks.

Re: Where to stay at DCI finals on 8/7-8/9?

Bill, get a sleeping bag and pay the Cavaliers a few bucks to stay with them! It would be great fun!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

I really don't think they would permit this, Dave.

Don't get me wrong; I would if I could... with any corps, Dave. A hot, smelly, uncomfortable, yet fun, place to sleep for 3 nights... I'd take it!

I'm camping just outside of Bloomington on Lake Monroe. There are hotels in Indianapolis and shuttles back and forth through DCI as well. It's a big cluster with the location change.

Jim, do you have the campground's contact info, for me. I'd like to make a reservation there. Thanks.

Gee, if enough alums did this .. it could become a corps reunion!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Bill,
Here's the five places we looked at. We were basically looking for something with a cabin and near Bloomington. We decided to go with Lake Monroe Village.

www.hickoryhillscamp.com
www.lakemonroevillage.com
www.lastresortrvpark.com
www.gowestwardho.com
www.fs.fed.us/r9/hoosier/recreation/hardin_ridge.htm#Camping