Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Recent Shows

I have had the privilidge of running into many former students and friends at the DCA shows this weekend with RA. I ran into Jim Snyder, Keith Normandin (and marched with him), Cookie Zadjel (and marched with her). Ran into about 6 guys I marched with in Kilts and a Lot of great people.

Jim, I really enjoyed seeing you again and your corps. It's great when people are having so much fun with corps and yours was very entertaining. A nice performance! Hopefully we'll see each other at another show soon.

Keith, Great seeing you also and having the privilidge of marching with you. Drop me a line when you get a chance.

Cookie, Great seeing you as always and spending time talking. We had a good weekend didn't we? The shows were fun! You did great with the flag! See you soon at the next turnout.

I was very proud of Keith, Jim and Cookie. Always a pleasure to see old friends.

How many have similar experiences and how does it make you feel?

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Re: Recent Shows

Your very last sentence sounds like a "Marriage Encounter" question. ha ha ha

No, All I meant to say was that I enjoyed seeing old friends and students, etc. after all of these years. AND do others of you have similar experiences at shows and how does that make YOU feel? It's a Dr. Phil feel good sort of thing. I have much pride in former student's success, accomplishments, and continued participation in drum corps.

If this post isn't engaging enough, let it fall to the bottom of the page.

It is always a pleasure to march when I get the chance.

It was fun seeing you again Jerry. Although an afternoon isn't enough time to catch up on 30 (cough!!!!) years....so we'll have to do it again sometime.

It is always fun bumping in to people you haven't seen in a while...and actually...I do think it is therapy. I don't think there is anything wrong with escaping the reality that is everyday grown up life and slipping back to a younger time.

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979

Jerry, it is ALWAYS a good feeling to meet old drum corps friends and students again. Especially so when they are still involved with drum corps as players!

I had similar experiences when working as an assistant instructor with the Royal Airs in 2002. There were many former Imperials in the corps, some of whom I marched with and/ or taught. Also, quite a few RA friends!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Yes, it was good to see and talk with friends from the past(Keith, Jerry, and Cookie). I got to see the RA show at Cudahy from the back and thought you guys were doing a great job. It was great to hear some of the old arrangements. I talked with both of your instructors (Robbie and Kenny) and they seem to be enjoying the experience as well. I hope our paths cross once more. Right now, I'm just trying to recover.

Jim,
I also am trying to recover. It is amazing how much energy it takes to do something that we did with so easily when we were young. After the Racine show, we had an 8+ hour ride home, much like you did I am sure. Got home at about 1:30 and took some aspirin and hit the hay. Slept really well after a weekend with 2 shows and rehearsals. Today, I am just plain sore and ache all over, but it's a great feeling. Geez, if I keep on doing this, it's gonna get me back into shape. It's been good for me in that way. Makes me realize that I have to work harder to get back to where I feel I should be. I can feel all the old muscles starting to remember what it was like and how they need to work to be effective and all that.

I know it is much more demanding for you because you are actually competing and much more intense than we were. It was just great to play in front of a crowd again that appreciated our efforts. It was also great to see all of the other corps, especially the ones with friends in them. I enjoyed each corps performance and the entire weekend. Hope to see all of you again soon.