Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
More sad news: Jack Hauscheer

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the following;

Jack Hausheer, past-President of the Norwood Park Imperials (1970-72), husband of the late Lynn and father of Al (Tenor Drum) and Ron (Soprano bugle) passed away on Sunday night. Jack was in a rehabilitation home, near his home outside Jefferson City, MO, recuperating from some ongoing health issues.

There will be a service for Jack in MO, after which he will be returned to Chicago for burial.
Visitation will be at Rago Bros. Funeral Home, 7751 W Irving Park Road on Friday, August 1st from 4 to 9 PM. Internment will be on Saturday, August 2nd, from the funeral home at 11 AM to Acacia Park Cemetery after a short service.

Everyone who knew Jack will remember him as a kind and patient man who was devoted to his family, his grandchildren and great-grancdhildren and a proud booster of the Norwood Park Imperials. The family asks that you remember Jack in your prayers.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: More sad news: Jack Hauscheer

This is truly sad news. Jack was president of the corps when I was in the Cadets, and my first two years in the A corps. As manager of the Cadets, my Dad worked with Jack on a regular basis. He was truly devoted to the corps, and ran the ship during some pretty lean times.

I marched with both Ron and Al. I remember Al as one of the funniest guys I ever marched with. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, and we are remembering your Dad fondly.

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Al, Ron & Family,

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. No matter how old you are , and how old they are, it stinks. I remember our families spending a lot of time together in the 60's. Our moms were tote bag carrying chaperones and our dads seemed to flip-flop their roles as manager/asst. manager/board member/... Excellent times, your folks were first class.

Keep your memories close.

Penny* Kennedy Kalebich
*Kathy & Chuck's younger sister

Wow! What a great legacy! You were all happy to be his friend. Nice.

Bill, I knew Jack Hauscheer and the family well for many years with the Corps. He really was a great guy.

And, it is also true that most of the Imperials "family" loved each other that much over the years. Lots of families working together and getting to know each other. Great fun. Great memories.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63