Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SUMMER FUN

Well, the days of drum corps have passed me by. Instead of the old days of drum corps summer fun, (or the "new" days of alumni corps fun), I usually do gardening, home projects, visits with grandkids or the kids next door, or resting on the front porch!!

This could be what happens when you get older!

Re: SUMMER FUN

Yes Dave I can relate to that.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

Me Too!

But I get a uniform on once in a while to relive the old memories. We had a great time in Cudahy and Racine. I forgot how much fun it was watching a corps (Kilties) rehearse, and all of the corps, large and small, perform.

The rest of the summer is a wash. I just may drive out to DCA to see what is happening out there. Anyone else going out there?

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Dave,

I'm not as old you, but I am doing the same. I have not even checked out DCI to see what the scores are. Family and grandkids and weeds are more important than what goes on in the field.

Sounds like Jerry has the best of both worlds!

I suppose that I'd go see some corps shows if I could stand the current approach to "drum corps". But, I don't
like the product now. (Senior and alumni corps are something else).

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63

My family & I are going to Wisconsin starting Saturday Morning for the week. We are renting a house in 3 lakes Wisconsin, with a boat too.

Taking the kids fishing, might go horseback riding too. If the kids are good, I'll take the to the garbage dump at night to see if we can watch the bears feed.

What did you do in the Corps? Cymbals, Bass Drum, Tenor

What years were you a Corps member? 1980-1983

Jim, we did the same thing with our kids years ago. Same area. Same activities .. including the bears!

Great fun, great memories. Just look out for the mosquitoes in the evening!

When I told my 9 year daughter that we were going to watch the Bears feed at the dump, she asked mye if Brian Urlacher was going to be there eating.

Now I have an image of bear players in uniform fighting over scraps of food at a garbage dump.

What did you do in the Corps? Cymbals, Bass Drum, Tenor

What years were you a Corps member? 1980-1983

Jim: a whole new definition of "FOOD FIGHT"!

That's probably not much of a stretch...

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79