Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memories

Just a short post on this topic.The other day I
happened to drive by Notre Dame High School and
also Maine East High School,both on Dempster Street
in Niles and Park Ridge and the memories came
rushing in about the great contests we were part of,
more so at Maine East than Notre Dame where we were
just a couple of times.Nice memories to have.

What did you do in the Corps? French Horn

What years were you a Corps member? 1957 thru 1963

Re: Memories

This must be Deja Vu. On the weekend of the 26th and 2th of July, a group of us were headed up 294 to try to get to Wisconsin for a pair of exhibitions that we were going to be performing at. The traffic was really a mess. (Amazing how that hasn't changed in the 25 years since I left the Chicago area) Well anyway, we took Dempster also and went past those same places while trying to cut over to 94. As we drove by, we all just sort of looked in the direction of those fields. Collectively we all started commenting on how many good shows had occurred on those fields. I believe, if my memory isn't failing me, that Illinois VFW State was held on that field. I even remembered which gate the corps entered through when looking at it.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

A month ago I was in the northwest side of Chicago, and drove out of my way to go past Maine East in Park Ridge. It was where I saw my 1st show and marched in my first show.

Maine East HS is pretty much the same as it has always been. BIG, monolithic. The stadium is pretty good though. Lots of drum corps shows there .. mostly Cavaliers shows. Yes, VFW State was held there once, I believe. After a rainout at an earlier date!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63