Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Semi Finals

A nice finish by all. Phantom overtook Cavaliers for 2nd and Madison made it against all odds.

World Class
1 Blue Devils 98.050
2 Phantom Regiment 97.675
3 The Cavaliers 97.550
4 Carolina Crown 96.700
5 The Cadets 95.450
6 Santa Clara Vanguard 93.625
7 Bluecoats 92.800
8 Blue Stars 90.575
9 Blue Knights 89.700
10 Boston Crusaders 88.975
11 Glassmen 88.125
12 Madison Scouts 86.375

Should be a shootout tomorrow at Finals. Would be nice to see a new champion! I mean new as in not BD, not Cavies, not Cadets........someone out of the usual suspects.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Re: Semi Finals

I still think Phantom has a shot, but DCI usually makes their move at semis, so maybe not. If anything, corps are often given a "bye" at finals based on the rest of the year (see 1989 SCV and 1992 Cavaliers).

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

I agree Bob. Hope it's not set in stone, but you know DCI and there has to be an order to things that is to their liking. Hopefully Phantom will blow them all away tonight and get their shot. I'm not a big Phantom fan but would really like to see them finally get one. Yes, I agree 89 and 92 were based on the entire year and not on that particular evening's performance. Had it been based on who performed better, there would have been different champions during those years.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Hmmmm .. both Bob and Jerry "hinted" that Finals results might somehow be "choreographed" in advance.

Bob: ".. but DCI usually makes their move at semis, so maybe not. If anything, corps are often given a "bye" at finals based on the rest of the year."

Jerry: " Hope it's not set in stone, but you know DCI and there has to be an order to things that is to their liking."

Having seen a lot of "surprising results" in the past, I wonder about all this.

We'll know in about 8 more hours!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63

The Blue Devils deserve to win, based on the last two nights, that I witnessed, here, in Bloomington. They are, somehow, a nickel's worth better than the two corps on their tails, and I can't say why I say this... I think it's because of their brass that I say this. I'd vote them 1. Phantom and Cavies are a toss-up for 2nd, both with great programs, indeed.

Is Phantom still slitting throats?

Yes. And... They slit everybody's throats tonight, winning it all. They also got the Walt Disney Award for wholesome family entertainment too (the announcer's words). Phantom Regiment is the 2008 DCI champion.

family values?