Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TOM DAY, NP ALUM, MAY BE ON TV THIS WEEK

Tom Day is the organizer of "Bugles Across America", which provides bugle players for veterans funerals and other patriotic ceremonies!
--------------------------------

Tom Was interviewed on Saturday at Abraham Lincoln National Veterans Cemetery by folks from the CNN news crew about bugle playing. The is supposed to air on Tues. night on CNN on a program called "Real America."

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63

Re: TOM DAY, NP ALUM, MAY BE ON TV THIS WEEK

In summer of '07, at the Cavies picnic, I talked with Tom (whom I had never met) for a good while. He seems to be a very nice man. He is very proud of his Imperials heritage, too, and he feels that this grave-side service bugling is a wonderful thing that various corps alumni offer to their country each day.

Yes, that is true. I should have included a reminder to see his website: www.buglesacrossamerica.org for more information!

It appears that this may be a segment on the Larry King show tonight.

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

This info from Tom Day...

The piece will airing during the Glenn Beck Program on CNN’s Headline News Channel. (tonight)
The show airs at 7pm and re-airs at 9pm & Midnight.
The piece will be airing during the last half hour of the show, between 7:30-8pm.

Thanks, I checked CNN and saw nothing. I guess the Cubs will have to wait. This is more important.

CNN HEADLINE NEWS channel, NOT CNN

I can't express how important Tom Day's efforts and web site are to the military people in this country. I, for one, am extremely proud to have belonged to the same organization that Tom Day was in, and someday I hope to meet him and tell him to his face.

It was a terrific piece, and I thank you, Dave, for giving us the info so that we could watch it.

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965

-But, I couldn't find it!

Too bad. It was right at the end of the Glen Beck hour, last five minutes. He has a segment called Real America. I'll search for a link later.

I missed it, and I'd like to see it too... on a link, or video or whatever.

I agree it was great. I am not sure if the young bugler was related to Tom, but I thought it was very impressive that his views mirrored Tom's. Kid was very well spoken.

What did you do in the Corps? drum

What years were you a Corps member? 60-69

At www.cnn.com/glenn scroll down on the right to the section titled Real America. It's not there yet, but that's where to find it if they do post it.

Seems that they post pieces about people doing things for service men and women, so I'd bet it will be there eventually.

You can also subscribe to the site and watch entire shows, but I'm not going to do that.

I'll watch and put a notice with a link on the scrolling marquee of the home page if the video shows up.

Thanks, Larry. I'll watch to see if you post re this.