Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DCI : goals vs reality

Wow!

Here are some recent alumni posts about this. What do you think?
------------------------------------

I don't think even Don Warren likes what DCI has become. Jim Jones of Troopers, who was also a founder, would be spinning in his grave. It is undoubtedly NOT what the founders intended it to be.

-----------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure that after all of these years in drum corps, Don Warren understands that you cannot predict the future of this activity. I'm sure he knew that DCI was never going to be an intent, but rather a means for organizing. The product was never predictable.
----------------------------------------------------

Ha! Both Jerry and Jim are right! Of course the founders had their ideas .. and 30 years later "times have changed".

All I know is that DCI has (apparently) been a major (but NOT sole) factor in killing off local, community corps.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958- 63