Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for the Schick Family

Hi Everyone,

Some Guardsmen friends asked me to ask around as to the where-abouts of Mary Kay Schick. She marched A - corps maybe 72-73... Her brother was in with my sister in the 60's. Their parents names were John & Millie - Mrs. Schick was the best, maroon blood with a deep hatred for the boys in green!!!!!

Anyway, someone from Golden Knights is trying to find her and they went through Jan in Guardsmen since that's where she went in 74. She hung out with Mary Lynne Grana a lot. So if anyone knows, give a shout.

Thanks in advance!

What did you do in the Corps? Guard

Re: Looking for the Schick Family

It would be good to find out where Mary Kay is. I remember her from her years in Guardsmen and haven't seen her since the early 80s. If someone knows, please share the info with us on here. Mary Kay was a great member and very fun to work with in rehearsals. She always had a smile on her face and a very pleasant person.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Mary Kay was in the guard in Norwood, but played bells in Guardsmen. If you watch the 1976 DCI Finals video, you see her a lot. And she and Mary Lynne Grana were inseparable!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare, Drum Major, Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Bob,
I taught Guardsmen in 76, 77 & 78 and yes, Mary Kay was a bell player and a pretty good one. The last time I saw her was at a show in the early 80s, so I am curious as well how she is doing and what she is up to these days.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

The last I heard of Mike Shick who marched in the mid 60's was he located to the Albuquerque, NM and was employed as a pharmicist. Dunno about the rest of the family.Good luck!