Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PHOTOS FOR CORPS HISTORY

We have been receiving a number of very useful photos for the Corps History. We have several from the 1940s, a bunch from the 1950s.

This is great! Keep them coming.

It is possible that not all will be posted .. there are limits after all. But we would like to have all years of the corps represented. And, some photos could go into the "people" or "special memories" areas.

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: PHOTOS FOR CORPS HISTORY

Dave, as soon as Diane and I get the history of the 70's out of the way, I am sure we have pictures that would be well suited for the people section. Along those lines, I do have a picture of Henry Majewski, at a Corps Camp in 1976, the only problem is he is not identifable. I think the setting in novel and doubters will have to take my word that it is Henry.

What did you do in the Corps? Cadet manager 1975 Imperial manager 1976-1979

A PICTURE OF HENRY WOULD BE A FINE ADDITION! ACTUALLY, I DID SEE ONE OF HIM MARCHING ALONGSIDE THE GUARD IN THE 1970s , BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT IS OR WHERE I SAW IT.
OLD AGE AGAIN!

BUT, DON'T LIMIT THE SEARCH TO JUST PHOTOS .. ALTHOUGH THAT IS THE BEST. NEWSPAPER CLIPPINGS AND SCANS OF SIGNIFICANT MEMORABILIA ARE GOOD TOO.

BEST ARE ITEMS WHICH ENHANCE THE HISTORY OF THE CORPS!

BTW, IT IS REALLY HELPFUL TO SEND ITEMS ELECTRONICALLY WHENEVER POSSIBLE. SCAN THEM TO A .JPEG DOCUMENT. THIS MAKES THE POSTING PROCESS MUCH QUICKER.

Dave, as a matter of curiosity, did you ever see a copy of the speech by Abner Mikva that was read into the Congressional record in 1976 in honor of the Corps 50th anniversary? If you think anyone would be interested I think I can find a copy, but it is quite lengthy,so be warned.

What did you do in the Corps? Cadet manager 1975 Imperial manager 1976-1979

Jim, I think that Doris has a copy of that and may have mentioned it to me. It WAS a big thing and I am not sure WHAT to do with it. Maybe we could post a "summary" (any photos?) on the website History for that year .. or a s a "special memory"?

Actually, a feature on the 50th anniversary might be a great idea.

We really need more photos from the 1940s (if available) and the 1950s.

Also look for photos of SPECIAL EVENTS or people.

We need photos of the 80s too! I know several of he members took a lot of snap shots, so why not try to find them and if you don't have a scanner, contact one of us who do and we will take very good care of them and return them quickly after they are scanned. If anyone sends me photos of the 80s, or any era for that matter, I will scan them and send them back with a copy of the high resolution scans on a CD. Come on people, dig through the old boxes and see what we can come up with. This includes programs, buttons and memorabilia also. It would be nice to see all of that stuff added to the photo.media page.

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

I have five group photos. I have dates on two of them. 1977 Springfield and 1978 Springfield. The other 3 I don't know, but I'm assuming from 79,80 and 81. Would you like copies of them?

What did you do in the Corps? colorguard

What years were you a Corps member? 77-81?

Yes Amy, We would. If you can scan them, please scan them at 120 dpi or better so we can restore them in Photoshop if they need to be. It gives us more photographic information to work with in the PS program. We are in dire need of photos from the 80s. Please do what you can. If you have any questions, feel free to drop me an email.

Regards,
Jerry

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager