Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Donation appeal

NP Donation appeal 2009

Alumni financial support is needed to continue the Corps website, including the Alumni Center (Forum and Photo Center) and other Corps History activities.

Yes, that is right. Unless our alumni give money, the website will be gone. (There is NO free lunch. This is not Facebook). Sorry.

Bravenet charges us to have the website and maintain it. There are processing and mailing costs to add photos. We need between $150 and $300 annually, depending on the status of projects.

We do not have a formal "alumni association", with dues, organization and programs to rely on. Instead, the Alumni Team requests that all Corps alumni support the noted activities with an annual donation of at least $10. Of course, donations in ANY amount are welcome. (Yes, we understand that times are tough.)

Our alumni have been supportive in the past. Thanks!

Donations may be sent to David Borck (1424 N. Walnut, Arlington Heights, IL 60004) or to any team member.

Thanks for your support!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: Donation appeal

If people can't donate money because of all the money they lost while on "hopenosis" (worse than Twilight Zone reruns) with our new clueless president and congress, then find another way to enhance the website. Dig into those old boxes of memorabilia and pull out the old photos, programs, buttons, and other corps items. If you don't have one yourself, find someone who owns a scanner and scan the items as jpeg files. Then pass them on to one of the members on the alumni team. We will then pass them on to Larry for posting. We never have enough good photos of the corps or examples of corps memorabilia.

Come on people, dig through your stuff and find some good photos and stuff, then send it in to share it with your fellow alumni!

What did you do in the Corps? Brass Instructor, Corps Manager

Dave, My sister has a website and she has a link to donate money (if you like it) and I believe it goes to a amazon.com type safe account. It accumulates and then they send her a check. Is this something you could use possibly to have contributions. If you think so, my mom or dad can find out how she set it up. Just a thought. (I am now running and as mom and dad read and say, 'Hey you could call your sister also!'

What did you do in the Corps? Color Guard Rifle

What years were you a Corps member? 1973 to 1979

Dave, just so you're aware, I did talk to our oldest daughter, Rahni, about Cathy's post. Rahni says since it has been awhile ago that she added (whatever???) to her websight she will find out how it was done. When she does, I'll send you the details for your consideration. It could be a long term fund raiser on a continuing basis. I have serious doubts about any great financial return in the present economic conditions, but even a little bit will help.

What did you do in the Corps? Cadet manager 1975 Imperial manager 1976-1979

We are doing OK, but need to do better!

BTW .. Jerry is right about the photos and stuff. Go through your files and send stuff of use to the website. But, not just any stuff. Look at the photo center and the website for areas where we have "missing" periods. Also, special people and events!

some additional checks received today. But, also with great comments. It is clear that the alumni appreciate the website and the work being done. Thanks! The Team is grateful to hear this

I was wondering if it would be possible to do the donations using pay pal, has anyone thought of that option yet? And would it be possible. That way it can also be put on a credit card or debet card. I think that would be a great option, It would be for me being I have an account with them.

We are discussing some options for donations and PayPal is one of them. We just have a few details to work out to cover the "what ifs" and similar legalities.

Where are the lawyers among us?

Meanwhile, my PayPal ID is browser47@hotmail.com and anything sent there will be placed in the donation bucket. But there is no tax benefit to sending me money.

Thanks to all for your support

Larry Kalck
Webmaster
NPImperials.org

What did you do in the Corps? Drumline

What years were you a Corps member? 1960-1965