Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IMPERIALS THROUGH THE YEARS

The Alumni Team has begun a new initiative to improve the Corps History website segments and Photo album to be sure that all eras of the Imperials history are well, and accurately, documented.

Be sure to send any information and photos from ANY era of the Corps history to be sure the History is complete.

The Imperials were a valuable youth activity for almost 60 years .. and an activity which we all enjoyed a lot!

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958-63

Re: IMPERIALS THROUGH THE YEARS

I have sent picture info several times. Due to my lapse in memory I may never remember what they are from.

Everyone should check out the current photo section of the years they marched, and add information you may have regarding those pictures. Between all of us old farts, maybe we can remember enough to make sense of them all!

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

oooo I just found some GREAT pics... of the white whale and the school bus and the coach. I need to scan them still

What did you do in the Corps? soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 78-83

A number of comments have recently been made on various threads about the value of PICTURES for the website. These help preserve our memories and also show more of the Corps HISTORY!

We recently received two great photos of the Corps from the EARLY days! Jack Bornhoeft, a member from 1926-34, sent us a picture of the Corps making an appearance at the Norwood Park School in 1933. He also sent a great shot of the Corps marching at the 1934 Worlds Fair in Chicagoi! This is probably the first MAJOR appearance of the Corps.

We hope to clean these up and get them posted to the photo page soon. Thanks Jack!

What years were you a Corps member? 1968-63