Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drum Corps Show Radio Commercial

The place where I get my hair cut (what's left of it) plays a local radio station on overhead speakers. The Milwaukee station, Lake FM (used to be WKTI), plays a variety of older and some newer popular rock and pop music...I've have heard it referred to as the "BOB" format.

Anyway...this station played a commercial for what I believe to be the South Milwaukee Spectacle City drum corps show. It was really weird hearing the list of drum corps competing listed like a drag race commercial (SUNDAY!! - SUNDAY!! - SUNDAY!!) DCI was referenced several times during spot....so it sounded like DCI made it..though I'm not sure. Maybe Roman has something to with it?

I will not be able to attend the show this year..but I'm curious if these radio spots will boost attendance significantly.

Is this a local thing? Or, has Chicago or Twin City area radio stations played similar spots?

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979

Re: Drum Corps Show Radio Commercial

I've never heard radio commercials for drum corps. I see movie trailers for the annual broadcasts at the theater, though.

There actually used to be a couple of drum corps radio shows around the country, including one in Milwaukee and one in Evanston, back in the 60s and 70s. I don't think they lasted long.

And what exactly is a "BOB" format? Should I be flattered or insulted?

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arranger

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

Re: Drum Corps Show Radio Commercial

The BOB FM format features a mix of classic 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 1990s hits with some current hot adult contemporary singles.

You can hear The Beatles, followed by Nickelback, followed by Jackson Brown, followed Boston, followed by Maroon 5, followed by Madonna, followed by James Brown....etc.

BOB stands for Best Of the Best. Drum Corps fans probably enjoy the format...in that it's like the old shows. A radical mix of everything.

What did you do in the Corps? Sop

What years were you a Corps member? 1979