Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
who be at DCI/Indy????

I've decided to do a road trip to DCI/Indy, albeit only for the quarter & semi-finals. I also know that Tom Grana and Larry Nelson will be there with their wives. Maybe we could have a spontaneous mini-reunion over a few cocktails. My cell number is 773-617-4464.

Who else is attending??

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 61-62 Cadets/63-67 Imperials

Re: who be at DCI/Indy????

Bill: Great idea. Maybe you guys could share WHERE you are staying, in case others will be in the area during the week.

BTW .. if you'd like to share corps memories (and cocktails) with some OTHER maroon fiends, The Holy Name Cadets alumni are staying at the Hyatt regency Hotel. My good friend, Dave Shaw, says:

"NP Alumni are welcome to join us any time. Casual contacts: the bar at the Hyatt Regency Hotel will be packed with Cadet Alumni every day."

Ask for Dave Shaw or George King, both great friends and friends of the Norwood Park Imperials!

OR, say hello at any show!

I will be at DCI with a Guardsmen & Phantom Regiment Friend. I am psyched to see Blue Devils after reading their 96 point something this past weekend on the DCI site. We are staying at the Union Station Hotel. I will keep my eyes alert for maroon.

What did you do in the Corps? Guard

What years were you a Corps member? 73-77

more on maroon gatherings in Indy:

Date:
Friday, August 7, 2009

Time:
2:50pm - 7:35pm

Street:
419 S West St

Description: this is primarily a gathering of Holy Name/ Garfield Cadets .. our maroon friends!

Gather with fellow Cadets, friends, and family. We will continue to celebrate our 75th Anniversary with food drink and friends at Basey's, right next to the stadium in Indianapolis on Friday, August 7 starting at 3 PM and continuing well into the evening. Everyone in the Cadet family is welcome to join in the fun! Bring your mom, the kids, the dog, whomever, but leave the Cadet haters at home.

The bar has a large tent and outdoor patio for your enjoyment. There will be many other drum corps people there as well. Carolina Crown is hosting their events at Basey's and since most of their staff is Cadet alumni, they will be their to party with us!

Information about Basey's including their food and drink menu can be found at http://www.baseysdowntown.com.

Imperials alumni should enjoy this gathering!

Anyone who attended Indy .. give us all a report! Would be interesting.

IT,S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I HAVE REPLIED BUT I WILL BE IN INDY. FOR THE SEMIFINALS ON FRIDAY NITE. I HEARD THAT THERE WILL BE DRUM CORP PARTIES AT THE SLIPPERY NOODLE ON BOTH FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NITES AFTER THE SHOWS. ANYONE INTERESTED ??? MY CELL 847-529-1963

RICK

What did you do in the Corps? DRUMS

What years were you a Corps member? 1967 - 1973

Rick Wyatt! Good to see you back. Don't be away so long next time.

And you should remember this (I asked it in another thread): didn't Bobbo and Steve come from the Colonels in 73?

What did you do in the Corps? Snare; Drum Major; Drum Instructor/Arrnager

What years were you a Corps member? 1970-73; 78-79

BOB, I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT BUT IT MAY HAVE BEEN 1972.

What did you do in the Corps? DRUMS

What years were you a Corps member? 1967 - 1973