Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alumni Corps

I was asked by some of the head people of the Small
Drum Corps. Association to put this out to all you
alumni....what do you think of getting a
Norwood Alumni Corp. started?????

What did you do in the Corps? Color Guard

What years were you a Corps member? 69 & 70

Re: Alumni Corps

I'd love this! This I would pay money to see... a number of times. I'd go see the Imperials every summer too.

MORE ABOUT A POSSIBLE IMPERIALS ALUMNI CORPS:

Your alumni team received an inquiry from Chris Ferrara, the head of the Small Drum Corps Association:
--------------------

Hello,

I'm Chris Ferrara, the President of SDCA's arena drum corps. This circuit allows smaller drum corps to enjoy a season of fulfilling drum corps activity on a smaller scale.

Since SDCA's conception many corps have come back in an alumni organization to march before a drum corps crowd again.

I am inviting the Norwood Park Imperials to enjoy the fun and comradery of a performing drum corps by forming an alumni corps.

SDCA is here to help. What do you think?

Chris Ferrara, President SDCA
---------------------------------------------------------------

Chris hasn't indicated what kind of help they'd offer. We have talked about this on the Forum before ... but most of our alumni have other issues on their plates and say they wouldn't really have time for this. Then, finances and management would be issues.

Previous conclusion has been: If this was going to happen, it would have happened 10 or 20 years ago! :)

BUT .. give us your input on this.

These small corps shows have been "Park & Blow" performances in High School Gyms. There might be a small initial drill to get into formation, but that's about all there is. Having attended one show, I must admit that the concept has some merit, although the Corps I've seen have been less than stellar. Personally...I'd give it a "GO" if there was enough interest.

What did you do in the Corps? Soprano

What years were you a Corps member? 61-62 Cadets/63-67 Imperials