Return to Website

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum

Alumni are welcome to post messages to each other, comment on experiences, or just tell everyone what you've been doing. The Topics with most the recent comments will always be at the top of the list.

If you click on the Message Topic (first column in the table below) then you will see all of the messages for that Topic. You can then add your own comment by clicking the REPLY button for any message.  If you click the QUOTE button on a message, that message will be copied into your reply so that it's clear what your reply is about.

You can start a New Topic as well. Just click the START A NEW POST link below.

All we ask is that you keep it neat, clean, polite, and reasonably intelligent.

Norwood Park Imperials Alumni Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KnightFire Drum and Bugle Corps Needs your help

This has been a long time endeavor and it is finally coming together with the help of Tom Day and Bugles Across America. I returned to Illinois in 1993 and worked with a few div II/III corps so I could get some experience and now the drumline is entering its third season as a parade group. We were in the process of adding guard and now, through the generosity of Tom and BAA, we can begin the process of adding horns. My original desire was to bring back the Imperials. Well KnightFire sports the Maroon and Gold and will carry on the history and traditions instilled in my by my time in the corps. This is a "grass roots" effort at the activity and any support is welcomed. While we have a solid foundation, we are in need of a lot of items (including a lockable trailer) so if their is any way you can help....no donation is too small amd as always, is tax deductable. So I am asking as you reminisce about "your days in Drum Corps" remeber what it meant to you and how you can help another young person share that experience and PLEASE DONATE.

What did you do in the Corps? Percussion

What years were you a Corps member? 1982-83

Re: KnightFire Drum and Bugle Corps Needs your help

Best wishes for success. Glad to hear of the BAA help!

Gosh, the KnightFire Imperials" sounds like a great name!

mmmm.....KnightFire Imperials..... I like it

I was thinking maybe,
The Imperials of Central Illinois

That is good too!

The KnightFire drum corps has been progressing and needs help to move to the "next level".

I received a request from Gary Schumann, an Imperial alumnus, who runs the KNIGHTFIRE drum and bugle corps in Danville, IL.

Our alumni have expressed support for the KnightFire corps in the past. Here is another opportunity to help this community drum corps.

His request:

We are hosting a raffle as a really important fundraiser for us and I would like to ask for support from everyone on our corps alumni list. The raffle is $50 per ticket, limited to 500, for a chance to win a 2011 Harley-Davidson Dyna super glide cycle.

Gary W. Schumann
Executive Director
KnightFire Drum & Bugle Corps
www.knightfiredrumcorps.org
-----------------------------------------------------

The prize may appeal to only the "younger" Imperial alumni, but supporting this community based drum corps is a great thing. Contact Gary for more information. And check their website too. Perhaps you'd be willing to help with a donation or other support.

---------------------------------------------------

What did you do in the Corps? drummer

What years were you a Corps member? 1958 -1963

Unfortunately, the raffle had to be terminated due to lack of interest. Thank you to those who did respond.

What did you do in the Corps? Percussion- Tenors

What years were you a Corps member? 82-83